About Core Strengths
We are a global training company that is transforming the Talent industry by introducing relationship intelligence as a utility for leaders. Since 1971, over five million leaders have taken the Strength Deployment Inventory 2.0 (SDI), our strength-based relationship assessment. We have pioneered collaboration in the cloud and believe that every employee should have a portal into their working relationships.
Our 50+ employees have a commitment to learning that permeates our culture. We’ve created award winning psychological assessments, a relationship coaching platform of the future and are obsessed with continuing to improve the manager’s relationship with their team. We are also revolutionizing talent development itself by building culture transformation tools that generate results through relationships.
You love testing and making sure everything works! You create meticulous integration tests and have an eye for finding those edge cases that software engineers miss. You enjoy digging into complex systems and ensuring all parts of it work as expected. You’re looking to take your “how does this work?” You have an inquisitive nature and use it to improve our relationship intelligence-as-a-service platform. A typical day might include these types of activities:
- Work closely within the Front and Backend Development Teams to create test cases.
- Create and maintain test cases and scenarios for our APIs.
- Troubleshoot complex issues to provide detailed and repeatable steps to replicate.
- Create and maintain test cases for our various integrations with third parties (including MS Office, Zoom, Slack Gmail, SAP SuccessFactors, Workday, Oracle, Salesforce and MS Dynamics).
- Create and maintain UI based test cases and scenarios.
- Create scale testing for various systems.
- Asking good questions.
As a QA Software Test Specialist you will create global test plans and test cases for the ongoing development of an assessment web application as well as development of a mobile app platform and productivity suite integration.
- Review a lot of functionality in a dedicated QA environment.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
- Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- You will work directly with Engineering Leads to ensure technical work is following the defined processes. You will see how QA functions within the agile process for large scale application projects.
- You will participate in Test Case development according to project specifications. You will learn how to create test cases that will be used by others.
- You will execute the test cases and automated scripts required for the project. You will have a chance to practice scripting skills and work with test automation tools like Testim.io.
- Analyze test automation execution results and provide execution summary.
- You will record results and communicate defects via bug tracking tools and validate defects once they are fixed.
- You will Provide test execution progress reports and test result reports.
- You will work with debugging tools as required by the project.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Your genuine curiosity and a customer-first mentality is one of your greatest assets.
- You thrive in our hands-on testing environment that covers a web application, desktop application, native iOS & Android apps.
- Your strong debugging / problem resolution skills along with your ability to multitask and handle multiple critical issues / projects simultaneously are core to your strengths.
- You are also experienced with at least one test automation framework.
- You should have minor experience with programming in any major OO language, with deep understanding of design patterns, and experience working in a layered architecture.
- You have a knowledge and interest in web technologies, web design, internet protocols, operating systems, and relational databases.
- You are methodical when solving a problem.
- As a bonus, you would have experience with test automation software Testim.io.
What Core Strengths Offers
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched HR Tech industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- An internal mentor to help guide you through onboarding and accelerate your career.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- A small company culture (we are an international team of 50+ and have a zero-drama culture).
- Having fun in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Your own top of the line MacBook Pro, dual 27” LG 5k monitors, a stand up desk and a Herman Miller Aeron Chair (for your home office).
- A very competitive salary.
- 401(k) with 3% company matching.
- Three weeks of Vacation/PTO.
- Three days of PTO along with Development Dollars toward any career advancement (certifications, conferences, etc).
- Excellent medical / dental / vision health insurance as part of TriNet PEO.