5-Step Guide To Master a Coaching Mindset
Add Your Heading Text Here
The concept of “manager-as-coach” has risen in popularity in the last decade because it is proven to strengthen employee engagement, performance, and retention. But the reality is: not many have mastered it.
Most manager-as-coach programs fail because they focus on the coach’s skill, not the coaching relationship or the coaching mindset.
This guide is for you if you want to confidently say, “I’m a coach.” We’ll walk you through the 5 steps that we’ve taken hundreds of managers through to help you gain a coaching mindset:
- Define your unique motivations, qualities, and values as a coach
- Challenge your understanding of your coachee’s language
- Communicate your intent in your coachee’s language
- Co-create the coaching relationship
- Enter your conversations with an open mind and listen with the intent to learn