About Core Strengths
We are a global training company that is transforming the Talent industry by introducing relationship intelligence as a utility for leaders. Since 1971, over five million leaders have taken the Strength Deployment Inventory 2.0 (SDI), our strength-based relationship assessment. We have pioneered collaboration in the cloud and believe that every employee should have a portal into their working relationships.
Our 50+ employees have a commitment to learning that permeates our culture. We’ve created award winning psychological assessments, a relationship coaching platform of the future and are obsessed with continuing to improve the manager’s relationship with their team. We are also revolutionizing talent development itself by building culture transformation tools that generate results through relationships.
You love writing a lot of code. You especially want to make a substantial impact on the future of working relationships by crafting, implementing and deploying our web front end. People have commented that you love to create innovative consumer experiences and are fulfilled when you delight users with unexpected and elegant UI.
As a Software Engineer you will handle the Frontend development in Angular/React of an assessment web application as well as development of a mobile app platform and productivity suite integration.
- Collaborate with Software Architect and Back End Development Manager on overall architecture of systems, with heavy focus on Front End related elements (HTML, CSS, JS, Frameworks, etc).
- Partner with Product Management, ensure all development work is properly scoped for effective planning of work/timelines.
- Collaborate with VP Engineering on the successful integration of front and back end components of our applications.
- Implement browser/device support policy in collaboration with Product, QA and other key stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with HTML5, CSS, SASS, Webpack/Gulp, Vuejs, jQuery/Axios, ECMAScript 2015 (ES2015).
- Strong experience with source code versioning systems (GitHub).
- Experience with A/B or Multivariate Testing.
- Experience with front end unit testing (JSUnit, Mocha, Jest, etc.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Strong self-management skills, capable of thriving in a virtual work environment.
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving).
- Structured, disciplined approach to development, testing and deployment.
- Highly-attentive to details, able to cross all the t’s and dot all the i’s and help review/fix issues with others’ code.
- You are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively.
- Understanding of sustainable engineering practices such as GitFlow and GitHubFlow
- Experience with cloud computing in AWS or similar IaaS/PaaS
- Knowledge of Ionic and/or Cordova Frameworks (iOS, & Android SDK)
- Experience with TypeScript, Node.js, and related tools (npm, gulp, grunt, webpack, etc.)
What Core Strengths Offers
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched HR Tech industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- An internal mentor to help guide you through onboarding and accelerate your career.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- A small company culture (we are an international team of 50+ and have a zero-drama culture).
- Having fun in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Your own top of the line MacBook Pro, dual 27” LG 5k monitors, a stand up desk and a Herman Miller Aeron Chair (for your home office).
- A very competitive salary.
- 401(k) with 3% company matching.
- Three weeks of Vacation/PTO.
- Three days of PTO along with Development Dollars toward any career advancement (certifications, conferences, etc).
- Excellent medical / dental / vision health insurance
What Core Strengths Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: board shorts and flip flops is acceptable attire any day of the week
- Endless Zoom meetings: we regularly schedule trips to the beach city of Carlsbad, CA (north San Diego where we were founded) to bring together the Engineering and Product Teams. This includes winter trips with field trips to Glamis for sand car experiences and a suite at San Diego Padre games.
- A myopic view of the world: we are live in 14 languages and 50% of our revenue comes from outside North America. You will work with an application that is culturally relevant across the globe.
- An unproven business model: we turn 50yrs old this year and are a rule of 40 SaaS company
- Disconnected leaders: you have a direct line to the founders of the company who will take a personal active role in your career development. You should expect to personally interact with the CEO on a weekly basis.