About Core Strengths
We are transforming organizations through their approach to people strategy by introducing Relationship Intelligence (RQ) as a solution to build better teams that fuel business performance. Since 1971 over five million leaders have taken the SDI, our strengths-based relationship assessment. We have pioneered coaching in the cloud and believe that every employee should have a portal into their working relationships. We’ve created award-winning psychological assessments, a relationship coaching platform of the future, and are obsessed with continuing to improve the manager’s relationship with their team. We are also revolutionizing the industry of talent itself by building culture transformation tools that attract the best of the best while generating results through working relationships in the flow of work.
About the Role
Does bringing ideas to life get you excited? Do you enjoy leading a diverse group of individuals towards a common goal? Are you interested in growing a career in software product management?
We are looking for a Product Owner to lead agile development processes and strategies for our various integrations and software platform. As a Product Owner, you’ll work closely with product leadership, engineering, and design to ensure features and products are delivered on time and meet expectations. You will collaborate with operations and engineering leadership triaging and resolving bugs that impact our customers experience. As key part of the product launch team, you’ll be responsible for internal communication and documentation for feature and product releases.
Reports into: Director of Product Growth
- Translating the product roadmap and vision into actionable bite-sized work (user stories) for software engineers to build
- Working with the development team to ensure clarity of requirements, and refining user story details – balancing features with technical costs
- Organizing and facilitating agile scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily stand-up, refinement, retrospectives, and release planning
- Using Jira to organize, plan, communicate, and monitor software development
- Building and prioritizing the product backlog, based on the business priorities and in consideration of team efficiency
- Verifying “stories” are completed to specifications
- Collaborates with engineering and product leadership to triage and resolve bugs according to their risk level
- Owning internal communications of upcoming features through release notes
- Developing and maintaining product documentation, including user manuals, release notes, and technical specifications.
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience ideally in a SaaS role
- Minimum 1 year of Scrum experience
- Knowledge and experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Scrum Master Certification or similar certification (preferred)
- Solid communication skills (with internal stakeholders and customers) and interest to grow in stakeholder management and influence
The ideal candidate is a driven and passionate individual who is curious about customer needs, eager to to develop amazing product experiences, loves working collaboratively across teams, has some attention to detail, likes building processes to improve team efficiency, and most importantly is ready to learn.
What Core Strengths Offers
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched HR Tech industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A small company culture (we are an international team of 60+ and have a zero-drama culture).
- Your own top of the line MacBook Pro, dual 27” monitors, a stand up desk and a Herman Miller Aeron Chair (for your home office).
- 401(k) with 3% company matching.
- Three weeks of Vacation/PTO and ten corporate holidays.
- Summer hours: half-day Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Three dedicated Employee Development Days. Beyond your normal paid time off for vacations this role comes three additional days off along with a $1,500 annual investment in professional and personal growth that YOU direct to focus your learning. Just name the area you want to personally grow and your manager works with you to identify a conference or course you can take.
- Excellent medical / dental / vision health insurance.
What Core Strengths Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- Endless Zoom meetings: we regularly schedule trips to the beach city of Carlsbad, CA to bring together the Science and Product teams. This includes winter trips with field trips to Glamis for sand car experiences.
- A myopic view of the world: we are live in 15 languages and 50% of our revenue comes from outside North America. You will work with an application that is culturally relevant across the globe.
- An unproven business model: we turn 50 yrs old in 2022 and are a rule of 40 SaaS company.
- Disconnected leaders: you have a direct line to the founders of the company who will take a personal active role in your career development.